The family blog of Kristian, Catherine and Hugo

Friday, May 25, 2007

Bring on the rejection complex!

Well people, the great au-pair chose another family. Can you believe it?!

My hopes were absolutely dashed when the lovely woman from the au-pair agency called tonight to relay the news. She knows how hard it has been for us this time and I admit I almost cried.

The girl apparently really liked us and our home, but we were up against a gorgeous set of twin boys and she went for them instead as she wanted more of a challenge.

So, our third time has not been so lucky. We found Jen and Susi after interviewing only two other girls. This time, we have already interviewed six. One actually accepted the job and worked with us for three days before deciding that she didn't want to be an au-pair anymore (she was 25 and understandably a little too old for it).

Part of me is wondering whether all the stress and lack of luck could be sign that I should investigate another option - perhaps a couple of days in pre-school for Hugo instead?

I must admit that I like having the house to ourselves and it's actually tidier now than it's ever been! This arrangement would be perfect if I could only find a way to get a few free hours during the day for work.

So I'm going to call a few pre-schools that I've researched tomorrow and will take it from there. It might not be a bad idea, especially if I'm going to be working more from the office, I guess we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home